Varun Dhawan Lauds Amish Tripathi For His New Book. - Just news updated

Latest News Today - Find latest News in English and Latest News Headlines based on current affairs, sports, politics, entertainment, automobile, technologies.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Varun Dhawan Lauds Amish Tripathi For His New Book.

Varun Dhawan Lauds Amish Tripathi For His New Book.

Varun was speaking on the sidelines of the launch of Amish Tripathi's book Suheldev and The Battle of Bahraich.

Image: Yogen Shah

Mumbai: Actor Varun Dhawan says it is high time that Indians stop looking at the West for heroes as there are a number of legends within their own country.

Varun was speaking on the sidelines of the launch of Amish Tripathi's book Suheldev and The Battle of Bahraich. The book is based on the story of Raja Suheldev, a legendary but forgotten hero, and an unforgettable battle which kept the Turks at bay for almost 170 years.


"It's the time when we should celebrate our Indian heroes and not look up to the West for heroes. Around 20 to 25 per cent of our population is made up of tribes and castes and that's not really been represented in books or our literature as much or in films for that matter," said Varun in a statement to IANS.

Praising Amish for writing about India's own hero, Varun said: "Amish is doing a great job by actually representing it. When you read the book and when you see the landscape of how he describes the world, your imaginations just run wild".

If Suheldev and The Battle of Bahraich is adapted into a film, Varun says he would want to be a part of it.

"I thought when can a movie be made out of this. Can I be a part of it or will I be very short for it? I was very fascinated with the backdrop of the book. It tells the story of a hero," he said.

Amish's popular novel The Immortals of Meluha is being adapted for the big screen. Filmmaker Karan Johar has obtained the rights for an adaption of the popular book. The English rights of the same have gone to an undisclosed American producer.

Asked whose life would he want to play out in a film if given a chance, Varun said: "Honestly when someone offers me to do a biography, I get scared. I don't want to do it most of the times because I feel all the fictional characters I am playing are like biographies but only to me.

"If I had to do a biography on someone, it would be on my father's life. Sometime in the future, I would like to enact his young and old days. Probably till the time he had me," said Varun.

Read more on https://www.news18.com/news/movies/varun-dhawan-lauds-amish-tripathi-for-his-new-book-suheldev-the-battle-of-bahraich-1776085.html

This article is from https://www.news18.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

PropellerAds